With Chuck’s Mobile Car Detail Service in Pittsburgh, we (Chuck & Steve) take you on a step by step walk through of our 5 Year Ceramic Car Coating Paint Protection Detail on our customer’s Project Rocket Red Tesla Model S 75D. Service was recently completed at their home garage outside of Pittsburgh, Pa Near Presto.
Learn More About Ceramic Car Coating For Your Vehicles.
If you bought a new car or value your vehicle and want the best way to maximize it’s value while getting it protected to the fullest, learn more about our ceramic car coating service through our article.
We put the same time and effort into this article as we do caring for your car in a day at your home. We want to show you what goes into our ceramic car coating service we offer to you if you love your vehicle and want it protected.
- Cold hard facts about ceramic car coating to put it simple first, is that we will reduce your vehicle’s current paint defects by 70% to 95% and increase it’s value by ~20% in about 8 hours time in your own home or work garage. We will explain how and what we do to achieve these results so that you can see what goes into our ceramic car coating service as opposed to regular exterior detailing.
- By the way, we come to your home or office to complete the service so that you can work on other things while your car is getting paint protection done.
- It is preferred you have a garage or at the very least, an area with shade to help us to provide convenience on location. We offer our service to most states in the country, and work out of our home base in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Before we start the steps with photos of an actual customer receiving our paint protection detail service, here is how to make an appointment for your own car. Also to learn more facts about ceramic car coating, I’ve provided the link to our website for that also.
or Text Chuck “Ceramic Car Coating Service” to 412 726 6092 for easy quote and appointment.
Walk Through & Steps To Our 5 Year Ceramic Car Coating Paint Protection Service by Chuck’s Mobile Auto Detailing in Pittsburgh
Customer’s Tesla Model S 75D sitting in the garage before we start as we get our premium ceramic coating kit and other detailing tools in order to begin with the first step.
- Exterior Detailing To Get Your Vehicle As Clean As Possible
- Tediously clean the paint, windows, wheel wells, wheels, tires, trim, headlights, taillights, accessories, tail pipes, and anything exterior that will need prepped to receive ceramic car coating later.
First exterior cleaning and detailing to get as clean as possible.
Next, wheels and tires before and after cleaning / tire dressing.
2. Fully Clay Bar Your Entire Exterior To Your Vehicle
- To clay bar the exterior is a very important part of the process of receiving maximum paint protection to last the full of 5 years for multiple reasons explained next.
- One reason is you can wash your car 1,000 times and it still won’t get deep ingrained dirt that is crucial to getting removed or else your car will be “preserved” for 5 Years the way it is when it gets ceramic coated. Skipping this step is a big error.
- Also, the clay bar smoothing the paints surface of deep ingrained contaminants will allow for a next level shine as when light hits hidden dirt, it bounces the light around causing lack of shine.
- The paint surface and clear coat being completely smooth and free of these deep ingrained contaminants will allow the professional quality shine and best bond to the surface.
Clay Barring The Surface With Crimson Shield, Our Premium Clay Bar Lubricant Product To Let The Clay Bar Glide Correctly to Pick Up Deeply Ingrained Dirt Where Cleaning and Washing Won’t Reach
3. Taping Off Paint Correction Zones to Begin Removing Defects Such as Scratches and Swirls. It’s Best To Work in 2 by 2 Areas For Machine Correcting Defects.
Even though showing you taping off the car isn’t extremely important to show you, we wanted to show you every step taken so that you see our process to get the best results possible in detailing, correcting, and protecting your vehicle.
4. Paint Correction Machine Buffing Has Began to Remove 70% to 95% of Defects in the Paint of Your Vehicle’s Exterior.
- Remember, at the beginning, it is good to remove any license plates or anything that can also be protected by ceramic coating later.
- The whole car will be buffed to get the paint as close to as a brand new paint job as possible as once the 5 Year Ceramic Car Coating is applied, that is how the car is preserved. So we believe that any car can always improve no matter what the current condition of the vehicle exterior is.
- Removing these defects will increase your car’s value by around 20% and will save a good bit of money then having to get a brand new paint job before getting our 5 Year Ceramic Car Coating Service done at your home garage.
What Is the Cost Of Ceramic Coating in General?
- It will vary by size and type of vehicle, but for this sized car shown, it is $1,500 total.
- This includes coming to your home or office to complete it. A gas fee is charged if over 100 miles away from Pittsburgh, Pa.
- It includes getting a full premium exterior detail including clay bar and paint correction shown now. Then includes all paint being ceramic coated.
- To add the wheels, brake calipers, and windshield, it is $500 extra so $2,000 total for 5 Year Protection. for this sized vehicle.
- If you don’t choose to add the wheels, calipers, and windshield, they will still be treated with our premium wax and sealant to give it a solid 1 year protection included standard.
5. It is important next after correcting the car’s exterior defects to now wipe the whole vehicle down with clean microfiber towels and what you call paint prep solution made just to prep the surface to make ceramic coating bond best.
- This can be alcohol and water mixed if need be but best if prep solution made for ceramic car coating is used to assure best results.
- This is also used to strip wax off of a car because you don’t want anything on the surface when trying to get a strong bond of protection.
- So now it is time to wipe down the car to prep it one last time before it is ready to be ceramic coated by Chuck’s Mobile Car Detail Service in Pittsburgh.
6. Pictured below is our 5 Year Ceramic Car Coating ready to be applied carefully to our customer’s perfectly cleaned, detailed, paint corrected, and prepped Tesla Model S 75D.
When choosing a ceramic car coating service, there are many ranging from 2 to 5 plus years for semi permanent and wraps and bras for permanent.
There are pro’s and con’s to each like with anything but for these, here is a couple of them to think about when getting your car done.
For us personally, we choose to go with the longest lasting semi permanent paint protection for a couple big reasons.
The first is that we have removed permanent bra’s before and after about 5 years, they can become discolored and a big task to remove….even with a heat gun. They can look pretty ugly and end up being semi permanent anyways even though they are permanent. Wraps are nice but they are more expensive than coatings. More comparable to paint jobs in pricing.
Ceramic coatings have a shine quality that can’t be matched while lasting up to 5 years like ours, that is plenty of time to preserve a vehicle as after that long, the permanent bras start to get ugly for the most part anyway if not maintained well.
Ceramic coatings don’t have to be maintained. They can be and it always helps, but they don’t have to be waxed or anything but regular washed for the 5 years.
This is why we choose this option as what we do for our service in the business of loving cars and taking the best care of our customer’s vehicles. This is our best offering in service and results to you from our many years and vehicles experience.
Now the ceramic coating is applied to the exterior paint and also to the wheels, brake calipers, and windshield if you choose that option also.
Now allow 48 hours minimum to cure or 2 weeks for best results to fully turn to 9h and last the longest time possible in protecting your vehicle.
Even though this photo below of the finished vehicle was taken with a regular smart phone minutes after completion, you can already start to see the quality and depth of shine. Amazing!
Pictures don’t do it justice as in person ceramic coating has a level of depth that isn’t comparable to regular waxes and sealants. They look great also but just don’t compare. The best part is, ceramic coatings stay like this 5 to 10 times or more longer per application.
Thank You For Taking The Time To Read What We Do & Hopefully You Learned More About What We Offer To You For Your Own Vehicle That You Like To Keep Nice.
ONE MORE BEFORE AND AFTER FROM START TO FINISH. TOOK 8 HOURS WITH 2 CERAMIC COATING PROFESSIONALS AT MOBILECARDETAILPITTSBURGH.COM.
Done at the customer’s home garage in Pittsburgh Pa and available most states in the country all 12 months of the year. All you need is a garage and a car you love and want the best for.
Don’t Forget? We built a great All in 1 Car Cleaner, Wax, Paint Sealant, and Shine Enhancer That Is Easy To Spray on and Wipe Off Without a Hose. Perfect for a Birthday or Christmas Gift To Give Any Car Enthusiast or Lover Regardless if They Are a Co Worker, Friend, Relative, Loved One, Son, Daughter, or Spouse.
We Put in 6 Years of Testing on Over 1,200 Cars To Get The Ideal All in 1 Car Care Product. Get it With Free Shipping and Everything Needed to Instantly Get Professional Results Right In The Driveway.
Thank you for reading. Written and offered by Chuck at Chuck’s Mobile Car Detail Service in Pittsburgh. Chuck pictured below.